Search: Posts made by: Peter T. Daniels
Forum: Microsoft Word Help July 11th 19, 12:59 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
Replace minus signs

You are now talking about all sorts of other things that had nothing to
do with your question.

On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 3:31:07 AM UTC-4, Petrache wrote:
Peter T. Daniels;498359 Wrote:
Forum: Microsoft Word Help July 9th 19, 09:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
Replace minus signs

Simply use Find-Replace (Ctrl-H). If you don't remember how you typed your
minus signs, just copy one of them and paste it into the Find box; then
type in the Replace With box whatever you want to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help July 9th 19, 02:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
Scroll down removes text

A hardware problem, nothing to do with Word? Incidentally, "reinstalling"
rarely accomplishes anything at all except a big waste of time (and loss
of customizations).

On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help July 4th 19, 01:19 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
How to deactivate automatically text moving?

Sorry, no idea what you're talking about.

On Thursday, July 4, 2019 at 3:31:07 AM UTC-4, szewa250 wrote:
I want to make in VBA in Word a program to make invoices. But I don't
know how to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help July 3rd 19, 02:59 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
How to deactivate automatically text moving?

The question is not clear. When you insert text, the following text needs
to move forward to make room for the added text.

Maybe all you need to do is press Enter (or Return) twice, so as to create...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 18th 19, 01:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
How many bibliographic references can you manage with Word?

You can also have more than one Bibliography file, in case you're doing
more than one huge project with little overlap. You choose between them
with the "Sources" button in the main Bibliography...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 17th 19, 06:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
How many bibliographic references can you manage with Word?

In my experience, the Bibliography file is effectively unlimited in size,
but as it grows and grows, its operation can slow down. Perhaps there is
some such limit as 64K references?

On Monday,...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 12th 19, 04:56 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
How to cross reference e.g. 1(A)

I'm not sure you can get the parentheses into the cross reference --
unless they're part of the paragraph numbering? -- but when you insert
a Cross Reference to a Numbered Paragraph, there's a line...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 7th 19, 03:20 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
Adjusting margins has left me with some blank spaces at the endof some lines

"Degree symbol" means Non-Breaking Space (type Ctrl-Shift-Space). You can
simply delete it or select it and type over it with, say, a regular space.

On Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 3:31:05 PM UTC-4,...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 6th 19, 12:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
Bubbles - control changes

You have turned on "Track Changes" (Ctrl-Shift-E).

Your "bubbles" may be Comments.

Go to Review tab Track Changes Change Tracking Options. You may
find something to change there.

On...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 11th 19, 03:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
White space in word Table

If you don't have tabs, are you using a very old version of MSWord?

What tab does it say to go to?

On Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 9:31:06 AM UTC-4, Cassidy wrote:
I read a previous explanation...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 27th 19, 03:36 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
How to move each row of a table in word to different pages

On Friday, April 26, 2019 at 9:31:08 PM UTC-4, Perplexedrph wrote:
I have a table in word. I want to move each row into a new page. can
this be done?

What happens if you select each row -- or...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 23rd 19, 01:09 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
Formatting Question

On Monday, April 22, 2019 at 9:31:07 PM UTC-4, Joshua H wrote:

I'm creating a macro to generate documents for a law firm and am having
an issue with formatting something. The attachment details...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 20th 19, 12:46 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
Adding a blank page if section has odd number of pages (mail merge)

On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 5:01:27 AM UTC-4, Angie wrote:

Hello: I am trying to do the same as Jacob with the exception that my document is an Adobe PDF (due to its size we spool it in PDF...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 30th 19, 08:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
Keeping text together on same line - Dr., Mr., a.m., p.m.

On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 3:10:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 12:01:13 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I don't want to have to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 30th 19, 07:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
Keeping text together on same line - Dr., Mr., a.m., p.m.

Use the "non-breaking space" character. If you go to the "Special Characters"
pane of the "Symbol" tool (on the Insert tab of the Ribbon, its symbol is
a capital Omega, at the far right), it tells...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help December 3rd 18, 03:34 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 39
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
How do you put cubed or squared after a number

On Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 1:32:16 PM UTC-5, Paidion wrote:
On Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 1:55:01 PM UTC-6, Caroline wrote:

Trying to put numbers into a table and want to put a cubed...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 21st 18, 03:28 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
Automatic file name proposal

? When I save a file that has some content in it, all the words up to the
first punctuation mark appear as the filename. Sometimes I keep it, sometimes
I shorten it, sometimes I replace it....
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 17th 18, 03:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
Help... master page, different second page.. I'm lost

How can anyone answer that, since you haven't said what you're trying to
accomplish?

This is your first mention of section breaks. When you add a section break,
it inherits the properties of the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 16th 18, 09:00 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
Help... master page, different second page.. I'm lost

Did you forget to move your cursor out of the Header field back into the
Text field? Move to the lower part of the page and double-click.

On Friday, November 16, 2018 at 3:31:06 PM UTC-5,...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 12th 18, 02:00 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Monday, November 12, 2018 at 3:41:49 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, 4 November 2009 08:55:01 UTC+13, Caroline wrote:

Trying to put numbers into a table and want to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 23rd 18, 03:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 19
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
How do I rotate text 180 degrees, so it's completely upside down?

On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 9:18:10 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thursday, August 10, 2006 at 4:46:01 PM UTC-4, upsidedown wrote:
I need to rotate text on a page so it...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 17th 18, 08:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
Page Header in TOC?

Um, you can't put ToC commands in headers?

Try putting the heading you want into the text, and if you don't want it
showing in the text, color the font White; if it's taking up space you don't...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 3rd 18, 10:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
change speed of scroll bar

(You could buy a new mouse for maybe US$15.)

When you click in the vertical bar above or below the scroll box, it takes
you up or down a screen at a time.

On Monday, September 3, 2018 at 3:31:05...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 27th 18, 10:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter T. Daniels
microsoft word template for newsletter

MSWord isn't organized by pages. The best you can do is Cut the material and Paste where you want it. It might or might not help to add Section Breaks.

On Monday, August 27, 2018 at 4:11:05 PM...