Search: Posts made by: CyberTaz
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 6th 10, 03:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By CyberTaz
How many characters can be used in a file or folder name?

Length of file/folder names is actually dictated by the OS, not by the app
[as long as the app takes advantage of what the OS provides]. Most current
versions of Windows (IIRC) allow for 255...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 6th 10, 02:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By CyberTaz
Ungrouping a Picture

One Possibility:

Is the grouped object formatted as 'In Line with Text'? Inline objects can't
be ungrouped nor can the stacking order be changed - you need to apply text
wrap of some sort...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 3rd 10, 11:54 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 24
Posted By CyberTaz
Life without Section Breaks?

On 6/2/10 10:09 PM, in article [email protected], "Pamelia Caswell via
OfficeKB.com" [email protected] wrote:

The fact remains, though, that the imposition of Continuous section...

CyberTaz wrote:
The fact remains, though, that the imposition of Continuous section...
Forum: New Users June 3rd 10, 12:16 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 6
Posted By CyberTaz
find/replace

Have you tried copying the unknown character & pasting it into the Find
box... You'll need to use Control+V to do the paste. I don't know if that
will work, but it may be worth a shot.

The basic...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 3rd 10, 12:01 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 24
Posted By CyberTaz
Life without Section Breaks?

I'm sorry, but as I understand the English language, if something is
categorized as only true under certain conditions it is implicitly false
under any other conditions. Perhaps we can debate what...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 3rd 10, 12:01 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 24
Posted By CyberTaz
Life without Section Breaks?

I'm sorry, but as I understand the English language, if something is
categorized as only true under certain conditions it is implicitly false
under any other conditions. Perhaps we can debate what...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 2nd 10, 12:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 24
Posted By CyberTaz
Life without Section Breaks?

What, exactly, of what I wrote is 'untrue'?

Have you any idea how many "if"s & conditional statements you've included in
this contradiction, Pam? There's absolutely no indication in Office...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 2nd 10, 12:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 24
Posted By CyberTaz
Life without Section Breaks?

What, exactly, of what I wrote is 'untrue'?

Have you any idea how many "if"s & conditional statements you've included in
this contradiction, Pam? There's absolutely no indication in Office...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 1st 10, 05:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 24
Posted By CyberTaz
Life without Section Breaks?

Additional to Suzanne's reply: There's no reason the same header can't run
continuously through the entire document regardless of the number of
sections. In fact, that's the default behavior. IOW,...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 1st 10, 05:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 24
Posted By CyberTaz
Life without Section Breaks?

Additional to Suzanne's reply: There's no reason the same header can't run
continuously through the entire document regardless of the number of
sections. In fact, that's the default behavior. IOW,...
Forum: Page Layout May 31st 10, 09:46 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 4
Posted By CyberTaz
Centre align if less than one line of text

No, you can't define a single style to work in different ways. Assuming you
are talking about an actual 1 line paragraph rather than the last line of a
multi-line paragraph you'd need to have a...
Forum: Page Layout May 31st 10, 09:46 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 4
Posted By CyberTaz
Centre align if less than one line of text

No, you can't define a single style to work in different ways. Assuming you
are talking about an actual 1 line paragraph rather than the last line of a
multi-line paragraph you'd need to have a...
Forum: New Users May 27th 10, 10:03 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 7
Posted By CyberTaz
how do you change the shape of the paper

If you expect a complete, accurate & reasonable answer it would be a good
idea to phrase a a complete, accurate & reasonable question. Word doesn't
deal with paper "shapes". There are many...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 15th 10, 05:19 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By CyberTaz
HOW DO I PRINT MATERIAL ON (P.3) OF CHURCH BULLETIN

On 5/15/10 11:41 AM, in article ,
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Please use this big white space to ask your question.

And please turn off...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Please use this big white space to ask your question.

And please turn off...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 3rd 10, 09:09 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By CyberTaz
Alphabetize a list

Is the attachment a Word document?

How is the list constructed? Table? Tabular list? First name first or Last
name first?

What version of Word are you using?

It could be as simple as selecting the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 3rd 10, 09:09 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By CyberTaz
Alphabetize a list

Is the attachment a Word document?

How is the list constructed? Table? Tabular list? First name first or Last
name first?

What version of Word are you using?

It could be as simple as selecting the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 3rd 10, 09:03 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By CyberTaz
Printing issues

In your Print options clear the check to include Document Properties. If I
knew which version of Word you're using I could be more specific.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/3/10 3:42...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 3rd 10, 09:03 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By CyberTaz
Printing issues

In your Print options clear the check to include Document Properties. If I
knew which version of Word you're using I could be more specific.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/3/10 3:42...
Forum: Formatting Long Documents May 3rd 10, 05:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Replies: 3
Posted By CyberTaz
Indexing Tags in Word; xe versus XE

Although the techniques for inserting field codes in Word insert the codes
in U/C the codes are not case sensitive. If a user inserts the code manually
s/he may very well type the code in l/c... IOW,...
Forum: Formatting Long Documents May 3rd 10, 05:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Replies: 3
Posted By CyberTaz
Indexing Tags in Word; xe versus XE

Although the techniques for inserting field codes in Word insert the codes
in U/C the codes are not case sensitive. If a user inserts the code manually
s/he may very well type the code in l/c... IOW,...
Forum: Page Layout April 26th 10, 12:00 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 4
Posted By CyberTaz
watermark in Word 2003

Well, that's unfortunate, but with no more detail than what you've supplied
it's rather difficult for anyone to do anything but speculate as to why that
might be. Also, "without success" discloses...
Forum: Page Layout April 26th 10, 12:00 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 4
Posted By CyberTaz
watermark in Word 2003

Well, that's unfortunate, but with no more detail than what you've supplied
it's rather difficult for anyone to do anything but speculate as to why that
might be. Also, "without success" discloses...
Forum: New Users April 17th 10, 07:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 4
Posted By CyberTaz
text wrapping option is grayed out. Help me. I'm a novice

.... And do you have the image selected?

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/17/10 11:39 AM, in article ,