Search: Posts made by: PamC via OfficeKB.com
Forum: Page Layout May 10th 09, 12:10 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 1
custom margins will not apply to document

Check the paragraph (normal or body text, etc.) for a negative indent.
Modify the style to change it to zero. Or if the text is in tables,
textboxes, or frames, modify the width and position to ...
Forum: New Users May 8th 09, 08:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 2
How to create Tables and Graph Captions lists

If your captions are already typed (& probably in static text) and are in the
Caption paragraph style, you can create a styles based TOF by first changing
the table captions to another style:
1. ...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 8th 09, 03:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 11
Wildcard Search and Replace

I'm so glad to hear that it's fixed in W2007. I can't tell you how many
times I've forgotten about that little nuisance and had to undo, turn off
track changes, and redo the sort.

Pam

Tony...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 8th 09, 03:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Find and Replace Question--Word 2003

You might also find third party software worth looking into. Here's an
example http://www.editorium.com/listfixer.htm site.

PamC

Stefan Blom wrote:
Perhaps a macro could do this? Ask in a...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 7th 09, 11:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 7
Underline formatting not showing in Table of Contents

Oh gee, I could see in my mind's eye the ugly blue underscored TOCs that
bothered me so much that I modified the hyperlink style to get rid of it.
Now that you mention it, I haven't had to do that...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 7th 09, 07:38 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 7
Underline formatting not showing in Table of Contents

The underscore, like bold and italic, is a toggle. Apply it once and it's on.
Apply it again and it's off. So the underscore in the hyperlink character
style is turning off the direct formatting...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 7th 09, 07:29 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Footnotes into TOC

Footnotes are in a different story type (like footers and text box contents)
and, for versions before W2007, the TOC generator can't see that text. In
W2007, the TOC can see the contents of text...
Forum: Page Layout May 6th 09, 11:36 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 6
Sections in Header

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/141994.

Andy wrote:
Wow! Thanks Suzanne, Thats maazing. And SO Easy!.

However, This raises another question that is not answered on the wed site
you...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 6th 09, 04:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 17
Mark document as not saved? Possibly through macro?

"Editable embedding. The document is editable in the embedded font, but will
not be permanently installed on the target system"

It's the fonts that won't be installed on the target system.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 4th 09, 10:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Help with Styles

Actually, Word is not showing you a new style, but it is showing style-plus-
formatting that, like a style, you can use again, or delete, or change into a
real style. If you like to use the select...
Forum: Tables May 4th 09, 01:05 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Replies: 4
How to resolve incorrect formatting getting applied within Word ta

You_can_ resolve incorrect formatting caused by table styles in which font
formatting has been set:

When using W2003, by selecting the table and clearing the character and
paragraph formatting...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 2nd 09, 04:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
How do I change the order of the pages in Word 2007 document?

If you have a relatively simple document (for example, only one section and
consistent formatting) and if each page starts with a heading 1, you can, in
the outline view, the heading1s around and...
Forum: Tables May 2nd 09, 01:27 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Replies: 4
repeating table rows should not be orphaned on a page

To avoid this situation, apply 'keep with next' to the first row of the table.

The result is one row of the table (just the heading) on the first page,
then that same heading row at the top of...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 1st 09, 09:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
TOC/Style

Yes, I thought so too.--after I clicked send. But she might benefit from the
information as that kind of rewrite (providing lead-in emphasis) may be her
way out of the dilemma.

Suzanne S. Barnhill...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 1st 09, 06:20 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
TOC/Style

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/RunInSidehead.htm

Emma wrote:
I have a doc with Multi level Styles set up but not all the levels have
headings so when I create a TOC a full paragraph is...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 1st 09, 12:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
want figure numbers higher on left of paragraph than right

Do you mean higher on the page or higher in numerical order?

Stonebridge wrote:
If I have a figure on the leeft and right of a paragraph, the figure number
inserted using insert caption on the...
Forum: New Users April 30th 09, 11:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 7
How automatically create new docs with a given template ?

Yes it does. Even with Word open, double clicking a shortcut to a template
will create a new file based on that template.

Pam

MoiMeme wrote:
Yes but that doesn't help when already in word

Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 30th 09, 08:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Styles and the Ribbon

It sounds like the emphasis character style has been applied to all of your
text. You can clear it using the clear character style button on the Style
inspector. The style inspector shows both...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 29th 09, 03:39 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
change date format on cover page

Click to select the control, then go to Developer tab Controls group
Properties. In the Content control properties dialog, you can select both
the format and the locale (language) for that...
Forum: Formatting Long Documents April 28th 09, 09:03 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Replies: 11
How to stop Word inserting auto dates

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Then what would be the point of a field?

Accuracy, standardized format, speed, productivity--all answer that question
for me. But, guys, hey, I concede. The create...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 28th 09, 08:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
text control question

That is true. But if this is a form, then something like ... the
undersigned, click and add text here, agrees to... would be printed as ...
the undersigned,, agrees to... if you replace the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 28th 09, 03:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 15
Customizing Table of Contents

Yes, you've found your problem. You do need the "tab after" in the numbering
scheme so you can right align the numbers on the TOC.

If you choose to change the numbering scheme to add the tab ...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 27th 09, 04:46 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 16
System information in Word 2007

Thanks, everyone for your comments. To clarify, It's the active document
information that, as far as I recall, was new to W2003 or 2002, and it is
that same information that is missing from W2007. ...
Forum: Page Layout April 27th 09, 05:21 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 4
My style wont go to the bottom of the page

Try removing Keep with next and, then perhaps, Keep lines together from your
figure legend style.

Pam

Mikey :) wrote:
sorry just for clarity... when I say it will not go to the bottom of the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 27th 09, 05:04 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 16
System information in Word 2007

Thanks, Tony.

Here's what I get when I click System Info from within W2007.

Word version 2007
System information
Office applications
MSO Word 2007