Search: Posts made by: Jaleel
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 19th 08, 12:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Jaleel
To select text and replace when typing a new word

Hi,

Go to tools - options - edit. Check the editing options - Typing replaces
selection.

Regards,

Jaleel

"Habrix J" wrote:
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 19th 08, 12:39 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Jaleel
mix of portraint and landsape pages in 1 documnet

Reza,

It is possible. Go the beginning of the page you want to make landscape,
file - page setup - margins and select landscape. At the bottom you can see
"Apply to" drop down arrow. There you...
Forum: New Users November 1st 06, 12:38 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 8
Posted By Jaleel
Simple Directional signs (This way to bathrooms, etc.)

Go to Insert - Picture - Autoshapes. You will get most of the directional
signs.

Jaleel

"I'm Lost" wrote:

How to create clever directional signs for event
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 14th 06, 06:06 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Jaleel
When I press the Print Screen, it will not capture the screen.

It captures. Open a Word document and paste it.

Jaleel

"Heber" wrote:

When I press the prt sc, it does not capture the screen
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 14th 06, 06:03 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Jaleel
In "Word" How do I merge eight files into one?

Hi Brenda,

Why can't you try Insert File?

Jaleel

"Brenda" wrote:

I clicked on the "Help" menu, and a detailed descriptionof how I do this was
there. However, it stated "Click on the Tools...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 11th 06, 09:06 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Jaleel
How to change the shape of a picture?

Hi,

From AutoShape draw an oval picture. Right click the picture - Format
AutoShape – Colours and Lines. Click the dropdown arrow of Fill Colour and
select Fill Effects. Select the Picture...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 4th 06, 08:04 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 12
tts
Posted By Jaleel
tts

Graham,

Wow! That’s great! I made it. I have no words to express my gratitude for
your untiring efforts to make me achieve it. You are a real MVP.

Sincere Regards,

Jaleel
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 3rd 06, 12:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 12
tts
Posted By Jaleel
tts

Graham,

I have added the speech reference library. But still the same error occurs.
I deleted all the macros and redid all over again, but in vain. One thing
is certain. I couldn’t see...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 3rd 06, 06:47 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 12
tts
Posted By Jaleel
tts

Graham,

Thanks for your information. Though I am novice to macros, I reached up to
the last level. But when I tried to run the Macro, I got the message:

“Compile error:

User-defined type not...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 2nd 06, 12:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 12
tts
Posted By Jaleel
tts

Graham,

I couldn’t succeed when I tried for this. I was stuck in the very beginning
itself as I failed to install the Speech portion of Excel for the Microsoft
Speech Object Library to be...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 2nd 06, 09:47 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Jaleel
The "draw" button in Word should stay alive until I dismiss it.

Hi,

If you always want “details view” in Windows Explorer for all the folders,
do the following:

Open Explorer and select any folder. Go to View and select details. Now go
to Tools –...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 2nd 06, 09:26 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 12
tts
Posted By Jaleel
tts

Hi,

If you mean Text to Speech by tts, there is no such option in Word as in
Excel. But recently I read a post to accomplish this in Word through a
Macro. Please find it in the previous...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 2nd 06, 09:13 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Jaleel
Page Alignment

Hi Adnan,

Go to Format – Styles and Formatting – Normal. Click Drop Down Arrow and
select Modify. Check Add to Template and click Format Paragraph. General –
Alignment select Left from...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 23rd 06, 02:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Jaleel
How to replace 'any digit' with the same text?

Hi Graham,

You have good sense of humour.

Anyways, in Word if the data is in a table or with a tab order we can select
the particular range and replace. Isn't it?

Regards,

Jaleel
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 23rd 06, 02:29 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Jaleel
How to replace 'any digit' with the same text?

Err... Sorry I thought I was in Excel Grooups.

Jaleel

"Caz" wrote:

I want to do a find and replace which enables me to change the format of a
variety of references, for example, from:
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 23rd 06, 02:23 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Jaleel
How to replace 'any digit' with the same text?

Hi,

Find v and replace with :

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Find ([0-9]@)v([0-9]@)
Replace with \1:\2
Check Use Wildcards (click on More... if necessary to see it)
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 23rd 06, 02:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Jaleel
Numbering in tables

Hi,

Put 1.1 in cell A1 and 1.2 in A2. Select A1 and A2. Now drag the fill
handle from A2.

Regards,

Jaleel

"BarryD" wrote:
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 20th 06, 01:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Jaleel
Find replace function???

Hello

Is it in a table format?

Jaleel

"Coorevits Thijs" wrote:

Hello,
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 5th 06, 01:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Jaleel
Word Spellcheck Feature Not working Correctly

Hi,

Go to Tools – Options – Spelling & Grammar – Spelling – Check spelling as
you type. Check it if it is unchecked.

Regards,

Jaleel
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 21st 06, 09:49 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Jaleel
how do i quickly access my recent word documents

Open Word. File - Open. Set the view as details and Date modified in
descending order.

Jaleel

"Opinicus" wrote:

"azaato" wrote

I would like to quickly...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 6th 06, 01:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Jaleel
Savs As in working file

Hi,

I am not sure whether you intend this. Anyways try this:

Tools - Options - File Locations
Select Documents, click Modify button. Select the folder you are working
and say OK.

Jaleel