Search: Posts made by: Lynda[_2_]
Forum: Mailmerge September 29th 08, 01:31 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 8
Posted By Lynda[_2_]
Need Help with Word 2007 MailMerge Using Access as data source.

Hello:

Thanks so much for the solution. It works perfectly!

Lynda

"Lynda" wrote in message
Hello, I am having quite a problem...
Forum: Mailmerge September 26th 08, 02:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 8
Posted By Lynda[_2_]
Need Help with Word 2007 MailMerge Using Access as data source.

Thanks, I will try that out and let you know how it works for me.

Lynda
Hi...
Forum: Mailmerge September 26th 08, 02:17 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 8
Posted By Lynda[_2_]
Need Help with Word 2007 MailMerge Using Access as data source.

Hi:

The calculation is first ClassRank/ClassSize * 100 to get the percentile.
Then the Decile calculation is simply a series of IIF's on the calculated
percentile to determine if the Decile is 0...
Forum: Mailmerge September 24th 08, 09:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 8
Posted By Lynda[_2_]
Need Help with Word 2007 MailMerge Using Access as data source.

Ok, I found an example of the format() function. I tried it and it worked
great in my Access 2007 query, but failed to display correctly in Word
2007--still displays as a 10.

Any...
Forum: Mailmerge September 24th 08, 09:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 8
Posted By Lynda[_2_]
Need Help with Word 2007 MailMerge Using Access as data source.

Can you give me an example of the format function. It would be
format([decile],?)

I can't seem to find what I should be using to convert a number to text.

Thanks.

Lynda
"Doug Robbins - Word MVP"...
Forum: Mailmerge September 24th 08, 08:10 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 8
Posted By Lynda[_2_]
Need Help with Word 2007 MailMerge Using Access as data source.

Hello, I am having quite a problem with the way a calculated field in an
Access 2007 query is showing up in a Word 2007 Mail Merge document.

In MS Access query, I calculate the decile value of a...
Forum: Mailmerge February 26th 08, 06:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 7
Posted By Lynda[_2_]
Number problem in Mail Merge field

I am able to get the correct results when I take Doug's suggestion of
confirming the data source on opening. When I chose DDE, then the problem
went away and the true number was retrained. ...
Forum: Mailmerge February 26th 08, 01:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 7
Posted By Lynda[_2_]
Number problem in Mail Merge field

kGood Morning:

Yes, I am in a position to look at the definitions in the relevant tables.
However, in this case, the decile generated is calculated in the query so is
not a field in a table. The...
Forum: Mailmerge February 25th 08, 07:59 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 7
Posted By Lynda[_2_]
Number problem in Mail Merge field

I have an Access database query that computes a student's class rank in
deciles. This works fine in Access, but when I merge it in a Word Document,
Word changes the decile. For example, I have...
Forum: Mailmerge November 2nd 07, 06:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 6
Posted By Lynda[_2_]
Merge to Three Different Letters Depending on the Value in TermYear

Hi Peter:

Thanks! You solved my problem. Your solution is exactly the one I was
looking for.

Lynda

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message...
Forum: Mailmerge November 2nd 07, 03:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 6
Posted By Lynda[_2_]
Merge to Three Different Letters Depending on the Value in TermYear

I am using Word 2003.

Lynda

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
Which version of Word?

--
Peter Jamieson
Forum: Mailmerge November 2nd 07, 02:13 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 6
Posted By Lynda[_2_]
Merge to Three Different Letters Depending on the Value in TermYear

Thanks for your help with this. Your solution does not work in my case
because the csv file has so many fields that the headers disappear in the
recipient list so it is not possible to see the...
Forum: Mailmerge November 1st 07, 06:18 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 6
Posted By Lynda[_2_]
Merge to Three Different Letters Depending on the Value in TermYear

Hi:

I hope you can help me with this one. I have a dataset of records (.csv
file) and I want to have certain letters created in mail merge based on the
value in the TermYear field of each of...
Forum: Mailmerge September 14th 07, 04:57 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 3
Posted By Lynda[_2_]
How to do String Manipulations on a Merge Field?

Thanks so much! That is exactly what I was looking for.

Lynda

"macropod" wrote in message
Hi Lynda,

Alternatively, to...
Forum: Mailmerge September 13th 07, 06:59 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 3
Posted By Lynda[_2_]
How to do String Manipulations on a Merge Field?

Is it possible to find the last or first character(s) in a mail merge field?
For example, I want to check a merge field that contains 4 characters and I
just want to do an if-then-else statement on...
Forum: Mailmerge May 15th 07, 06:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 9
Posted By Lynda[_2_]
Too Many Data Fields in Mail Merge

Hi Peter:

The data file always comes from the same source, but the data may be
different. The data comes from a process in PeopleSoft that generates the
file. We then save that file as a CSV...
Forum: Mailmerge May 15th 07, 02:02 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 9
Posted By Lynda[_2_]
Too Many Data Fields in Mail Merge

Hi and thanks for attempting to solve this problem.
:
a. ask a few more questions and see if they lead anywhere useful
b. suggest a way to change the way Word gets the data. It might not fix
Forum: Mailmerge May 14th 07, 08:32 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 9
Posted By Lynda[_2_]
Too Many Data Fields in Mail Merge

Hi Peter:

The CSV data file is comma-delimited with double-quotes.

The data file has first a header with the field names separated by a comma.
The actual data fields are enclosed in double quotes...
Forum: Mailmerge May 14th 07, 07:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 9
Posted By Lynda[_2_]
Too Many Data Fields in Mail Merge

I am working in Word 2003 mail merge and using a .csv data file as the data
source file. The CSV file has the field headings as a header. Lately,
every time I try to merge from the .CSV data file...