Search: Posts made by: Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Forum: Microsoft Word Help June 11th 14, 08:00 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Character Spacing in Trebuchet MS

Hi,

I am having some odd character spacing issues with this font as well.
Here is a screenshot in MS Word:
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 28th 14, 11:31 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Every page in word, new .docx file

Hi,

i have word .docx file which contain a lot of pages, and i want that every
page will be saved like a new word .docx document?

"How to programmatically save each page or section of a...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 21st 14, 09:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Mail Merge Facility (Attatch Document)

Hi,

I would like to send my company introduction to my clients.
I would like to add a company presentation with the mail.
I want to circulate mails using Mail Merge facility.

have a look at...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 21st 14, 09:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
WD2007: Why won't added template "stcik" as add-in?

Hi,

I created a template (dotm) file, dropped it into the
Templates folder, and added it as an add-in
(Word Options, Manage Word Add-ins). I check
the box, OK out, and close Word. When I...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 8th 14, 06:53 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Numbering

Hi,

[SEQ field]
Are there instructions anywhere that will help me to do this?
I've never used fields in Word.

for example, following articles may...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 12th 14, 10:22 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Field IF

Hi,

I am trying to use IF field in word 7 and
it is not working to me :-(.

Although I no longer have Word 7 installed (I think that was 15 years ago),
I'll try to help.

Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 26th 14, 06:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Print selected pages as per excel value

Hi,

This is my first post on the forum....

this is not a forum, it is a newsgroup!

And all the "microsoft.public" newsgroups are no longer supported by
Microsoft.
Instead they created forums,...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 14th 14, 05:21 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Formatting Rich Text Content Controls in a protected document

Hi,

How can I protect content in some portions of a
MS Word 2010 document from inadvertent changes
while still allowing users to format (Rich Text)
Content Control s in other portions of the...
Forum: Formatting Long Documents March 1st 14, 08:41 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Replies: 36
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Lose Changes to Style When Document ReOpened

Hi,

[Word 2010, Windows 7]
I am having this issue with the reddish cell shading of the Austere footer
that I am using.
I have to open a new document, place the footer there, cut it, paste it...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 12th 14, 01:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Word 2007 document docx renemed to doc

Hi,

I found interested feature. When i saved document
in docx (packed xml) as doc.
Word 2007 on my computer opens it without problems,
and Word 2007 in my client doesn't.

check the...
Forum: Formatting Long Documents February 12th 14, 12:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Replies: 36
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Lose Changes to Style When Document ReOpened

Hi,

You may be interested to know I did explicitly change the font colour
setting for style A,
but then the error would occur on reopening the document (so there is a
"bug" somewhere)

you...
Forum: Formatting Long Documents February 12th 14, 12:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Replies: 36
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Lose Changes to Style When Document ReOpened

Hi,

and then I paste in paragraph-by-paragraph into a copy of the blank
document,
save it, and re-generate the TOC. It takes hours, and seems ridiculous
compared
to the five seconds it...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 8th 14, 02:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 12
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Extracting specific words from a document

Hi,

Thanks for the tip-each "first name" is followed by a paragraph mark.

the exact format is:
*lastname (including Jr, III, etc), First name(paragraph)

using wildcards, you cannot search...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 3rd 14, 10:15 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 12
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Extracting specific words from a document

Hi,

I really can't tell. i looked at the document in
every view type, and it just doesn't show it.

but you do know, how to show all formatting marks in a Word...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 31st 14, 09:59 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 12
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Extracting specific words from a document

Hi,

This is an exact cut paste from the document:
*Fischer Jr, William O

there are a couple thousand of these I need to extract.
I got pretty close and was able to highlight the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 30th 14, 10:12 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 12
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Extracting specific words from a document

Hi,

[unknown Word version]

I need to highlight and copy all the above from the document.
what is the formula to search and highlight *firstname,lastname?

lastname is followed by what - manual...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help December 12th 13, 09:29 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Template - Cannot make style for numbering that allows list to res

Hi,

I want to have the text as follows:

Repro Steps:
1) My first step.
2) My second step.
3) My third step.

Second Repro Steps:
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 15th 13, 09:37 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Custom Form in Word 2010 - Help!

Hi,

"AnaSmiff" schrieb

I've worked out how to add the basic
labels, text feilds etc however I want to add
some extra bits that I'm a bit stuck on.

did you use content controls?
Forum: Formatting Long Documents October 27th 13, 09:38 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Replies: 15
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Re saving macros problem

Hi Stefan,

"Stefan Blom" wrote

Since you have replied to an old thread,
I see your post out of context

As I don't understand exactly Kaye's problem, here the discussion:

Active post from...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 22nd 13, 03:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Can I write a macro?

Hi,

[Word 2003 ?]

I am trying to have a document protected, but
still be able to use forms (which I have figured out)
and use a signature pad to sign a signature
in one section only. Any...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 22nd 13, 03:39 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Sorting data problems

Hi,

[Table in Word 2013]

These two columns sorted by column 1
in alpha order.
Columns 3 and 4 will be the reverse of the
other two, ie English first then Indonesian
and sorted by...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 10th 13, 09:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,} what does this mean and what is it called

Hi,

[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}

I was given this to use to find all the emails
in a very large document.

I want to try and understand what the
symbols mean and what the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 3rd 13, 08:21 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Edit embedded excel worksheet, help

Hi,

Is there a way to get the embedded
worksheet to "fit to data" after I edit it?

No. You always have to resize the object.
That's the behaviour of all versions of Word for PC.
I guess Word...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 2nd 13, 02:57 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 17
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
How to extract email addresses from a word document

Hi Rodney,

I have been looking at away to extract
email addresses from a word documents.

Are those addresses formatted as hyperlinks? Or is it just text?

Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 2nd 13, 02:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Lisa Wilke-Thissen
Toggle styles on/off in restricted Word 2007 template

Hi,

One of the styles is superscript

character style, paragraph style, linked style?

and I am desperately looking for a way
to toggle this on and off (that would be
useful for any other...