Search: Posts made by: Bobbi
Forum: Page Layout December 25th 08, 09:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 4
Posted By Bobbi
Formatting convulsions

Bob-

Thank you for the very informative reply and the link to the also very
informative website.
I have a lot to learn.

Bobbi

"CyberTaz" wrote in message...
Forum: Page Layout December 24th 08, 08:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 4
Posted By Bobbi
Formatting convulsions

Thanks, Jay. That's a good tip.

I discovered that there's a "lock anchor" option in "advanced..." on the
layout tab that seems to keep the photos fixed, though it doesn't move with
text changes...
Forum: Page Layout December 24th 08, 06:47 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 4
Posted By Bobbi
Formatting convulsions

I use Word 2003 to create 2-column documents with photos embedded in the
documents. The photos use a "square" layout so that text flows around them.
But when I make changes to the text any place on...
Forum: Page Layout February 15th 08, 05:54 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 34
Posted By Bobbi
Can't delete section break (next page)

Hi, Dean-

You're right that using Section Break Continuous and then Page Break seems
to be the best way to go. But it seems to be easier to delete the Section
Break Next Page while in Normal View....
Forum: Page Layout February 14th 08, 08:22 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 34
Posted By Bobbi
Can't delete section break (next page)

Hi, Bob-

No, that's not working for me either. (That's what I normally try to do.) It
deletes other stuff than the section break!

My problem always occurs in documents where I switch from one...
Forum: Page Layout February 13th 08, 06:49 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 34
Posted By Bobbi
Can't delete section break (next page)

No, it doesn't work. I've had this problem previously. Once you insert a
"section break (next page)" it's almost impossible to get rid of.

Sigh!

Bobbi

"DeanH" ...
Forum: Page Layout February 13th 08, 07:29 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 34
Posted By Bobbi
Can't delete section break (next page)

Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just won't go
away?

Bobbi
Forum: Page Layout November 23rd 07, 06:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 3
Posted By Bobbi
Accidentally modified "Paste Special"

Would Word's Detect and Repair ability be appropriate in this situation? I
don't need to repair any of my document files, I just want to reset the copy
and paste functions to the way they used to...
Forum: Page Layout November 23rd 07, 06:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 3
Posted By Bobbi
Accidentally modified "Paste Special"

I've deleted it but haven't solved the problem. The problem is that the copy
command (CTRL-C) and paste command (CTRL-V) don't work as they used to. If I
copy the text below and paste it in the...
Forum: Page Layout November 23rd 07, 07:05 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 3
Posted By Bobbi
Accidentally modified "Paste Special"

I created a macro named "Paste Special" without realizing that it would
affect the Paste Special command on the edit menu. How can I restore the
original operation of this menu command?
-Bobbi
Forum: Page Layout May 8th 07, 07:09 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 2
Posted By Bobbi
Previews in Open/Insert picture dialog boxes

I have since read that I can turn on preview by selecting Tools in the
"open" dialog box and then choosing "Preview" from the drop-down menu. But
there's no such option on my drop-down menu, not...
Forum: Page Layout May 8th 07, 05:27 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 2
Posted By Bobbi
Previews in Open/Insert picture dialog boxes

In Word 2000, I was able to have the "Open" and "insert picture" dialog
boxes show previews of the documents or pictures. How can I enable that in
Word 2003?

Bobbi
Forum: Page Layout February 6th 07, 07:59 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 3
Posted By Bobbi
street names underlined- THANK YOU!

Thank you, Suzanne and Jay, for eliminating yet another of these minor
irritations which really bug me!
Microsoft MVPs are terrific! You people have solved many problems for me
over 8 years.

Bobbi
Forum: Page Layout February 5th 07, 10:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 3
Posted By Bobbi
street names underlined

Word places a line of tiny red dots unde all street names in my documents.
Can I make it stop that? It doesn't flag those names when I do a spellcheck.

Bobbi