Search: Posts made by: Sarah R
Forum: Mailmerge May 12th 08, 04:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 1
Posted By Sarah R
How to force word wrap in Excel cell for Word merge?

In Excel, some of the field entries need to be multiple lines, so the data
were entered using [Alt+Enter]. However, after a merge [Alt+Enter] converts
into Word as a paragraph marker -- not the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 6th 07, 11:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Sarah R
Poems

Well, at least we know the poster is aptly named: either self-proclaimed
(and concomitantly demanding) royalty who ignores unfavorable responses or
just INCESSantly obnoxious.
--
--...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 6th 07, 08:13 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The end of primary school
Is not real cool.
It means you
Have to do
For you.
--
-- Sarah

"Princessie5" wrote:
Forum: Microsoft Word Help February 5th 07, 06:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 9
Posted By Sarah R
Does anyone have examples of poems?

Once upon a Monday dreary, while I pondered, blank and bleary,
Over many a bold and brazen demand for homework graft --
While I scanned it, nearly napping, suddenly there came a wrapping,
As of some...
Forum: Tables February 2nd 07, 03:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Replies: 2
Posted By Sarah R
Question about sorting in tables

Proudmomof2,

I understand you're following the instructions for your class. But -- just
from a logical standpoint -- why would anyone want to sort the descriptions
*without* moving the...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 25th 07, 11:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 10
Posted By Sarah R
Creating a new language in Word

So far as I know, creating a new dictionary for another language (say
"Elvish") is not something to be undertaken by the fainthearted.

Yes, one's native language does tend to shine through...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 24th 07, 09:37 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Sarah R
Can items be pasted into Office Clipboard permanently ?

Save each as an AutoText entry. Then you can insert when needed, ad infinitum.
--
-- Sarah

"SStrifler" wrote:

I have several signature and logo combinations I would like to have retained
in...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 2nd 07, 04:21 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Sarah R
How do i write an essay about the Rwandan Genocide?

But in this case the ensuing slaughter would be deserved.
--
-- Sarah

"Jezebel" wrote:

help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Forum: Microsoft Word Help December 12th 06, 09:49 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 2
Posted By Sarah R
macrons and symbols

Ben,
Try www.sil.org (go to Software Fonts) to find phonetic symbols, including
diacritical marks that will appear (typically) above another symbol such as a
vowel. (SIL is a highly reputable...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help December 8th 06, 05:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Posted By Sarah R
antonym of photogenic

"what is antonym of photogetic? unphotogenic is not a word"
What is "photogetic"? Is that a spin-off of "photogenic"?

If it's not an outright typo, how about a Freudian slip (conflation of...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help December 8th 06, 04:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 8
Posted By Sarah R
antonym of photogenic

what is antonym of photogetic? unphotogenic is not a word.

Just because it isn't in a dictionary doesn't mean it's not a "word". There
are lots of words in English, especially those formed...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 21st 06, 03:12 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Sarah R
have you got any imformation about tigers

You need bigger litter pans that what are normally sold at Wal-Mart or
Target. And LOTS of litter.

.... equalled in size (and quality) only by the hubris revealed in the
question (read...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 20th 06, 04:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Sarah R
have you got any imformation about tigers

Nor, apparently, at doing their own work.
--
-- Sarah

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Tigers are not very good at word processing!

--
Forum: Page Layout November 20th 06, 02:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 3

Thank you both, Robert and Suzanne. I agree that the request is peculiar;
suffice it to say that I train legal secretaries, whose bosses appear to
suffer frequently from such peculiarities in...
Forum: Page Layout November 17th 06, 05:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 3
Posted By Sarah R
Suppressing outline no. in table of contents

My table of contents is built using heading styles:

Heading 1: a) TEXT
Heading 2: i. Text

Although the outline numbers should appear in the main text (as they do), I
don't want them in the TOC....
Forum: Tables November 16th 06, 03:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Replies: 2
Posted By Sarah R
Do you know how to make a word document landscape?

.... or "landscape" in the Help box, and the answer is still "no"

-- Sarah

"Jezebel" wrote:

I guess if you can't find the 'landscape' setting under File Page Set-up,
the answer is "no".
Forum: Tables November 15th 06, 05:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Replies: 5
Posted By Sarah R
Just Curious

But you can set up a Heading style with the numeric format you want, then
apply it to the column(s) in the table. That works fine.

-- Sarah

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

If you mean that anything...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help November 2nd 06, 09:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 6
Posted By Sarah R
Footers staying within one line

John,

If I understand your question correctly, you need two areas of info in the
footer: (1) the address and (2) the copyright. The address text may be long
enough to take up more than 1 line,...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 25th 06, 08:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Sarah R
Unnatural outline numbering

The part I was missing was naming the list (i.e., not just linking each level
to a style). The named list then shows up when you insert the field, so then
you can select the level of numbering to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 25th 06, 07:23 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Sarah R
Unnatural outline numbering

In a legal document, I need to set outline numbering:

Heading 1 = I. [centered]
Heading 2 = A. [centered]
Heading 3 = 1 [at 0"]
Heading 4 = (a) [following Heading 3]

The kicker is that some...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help August 31st 06, 08:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Sarah R
Alternative dot leaders

As a software trainer at a large law firm, I work with many secretaries who
frequently create tables of contents. By now most have learned to use the
built-in features to generate their TOCs...