Search: Posts made by: Jan
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 25th 10, 08:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By Jan
add the document file path in 2007

I had a button that allowed me to insert the full path and filename to any
Word document which I could print out on the document and then read the hard
copy some time later and know where to go to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help May 25th 10, 08:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Jan
add the document file path in 2007

I had a button that allowed me to insert the full path and filename to any
Word document which I could print out on the document and then read the hard
copy some time later and know where to go to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 16th 10, 07:41 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 7
Posted By Jan
Ruler Unit Of Measure Settings

We are using Word 2007 in VISTA - No Tools Tab! So how can I change the ruler
from pts to inches?

Thanks so much!
Jan

These things happen, at times.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

These things happen, at times.
Forum: New Users January 13th 10, 04:45 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 1
Posted By Jan
Download Avery template 5385

How do I download a template for Avery Rolodex Rotary cards 5385?
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 18th 09, 04:36 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Jan
Can't open a hyperlink

Thanks Suzanne. I followed your link to slapstick.com and followed the
instructions to reset the web settings in Vista and hyperlinks are now
working.
Thanks for your prompt reply
Jan

"Suzanne S....
Forum: Microsoft Word Help September 18th 09, 03:28 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Jan
Can't open a hyperlink

I use a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop, running Windows Vista. I have Microsoft
Office Basic Edition 2003 installed of which Word 2003 (11.8307.8221) SP3 is
a part.

Until now, I have never had a...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help July 20th 09, 10:24 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Jan
Word to HTML - mission impossible

Word to HTML - mission impossible?
I try to work with exported HTML format from Word 2007, but it is not
possible to use it.
You can image a file with about hundred pages with images and text.
After...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help July 17th 09, 05:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Jan
Merge Links Lost

I am using MSWord 2003 and I use Word tables and Excel spreadsheets for data
files. I also use Access queries etc.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Which version of Word? What is the data source?

Forum: Mailmerge June 15th 09, 11:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 3
Posted By Jan
Merge Links Lost

Everytime I close a main merge file, I lose the connection to the data.
Forum: Microsoft Word Help April 25th 09, 03:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 1
Posted By Jan
whyaremywordsrunningtogether

whycannotInotspaceinbetweenwords
Forum: Mailmerge April 9th 09, 06:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 1
Posted By Jan
Mail Merge - "Find" feature and new field not working

Hello~

I use the mail merge system to complete legal documents for over 150
defendants. It's been really great and saves me so much time! However, it's
just started giving me some real headaches...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help March 7th 09, 10:31 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 0
Posted By Jan
how do I change ink default settings

Hi,
I use ink to annotate scripts and want to change the default settings for
the pens so that it does not open with red. Can anyone offer suggestions\/
Forum: Mailmerge February 11th 09, 03:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 6
Posted By Jan
how do I repeat the same merge fields on one page

I forgot to mention that I also moved the data from Excel to Word - perhaps
that made the difference... don't know but it works now!

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

I suggest you send me a copy of your...
Forum: Mailmerge February 11th 09, 03:14 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 6
Posted By Jan
how do I repeat the same merge fields on one page

I worked on it again this morning (I'm new at this) and did a merge to show
errors - just found that feature. There were a couple of field names that
weren't valid - fixed them and presto - it...
Forum: Mailmerge February 11th 09, 03:18 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 6
Posted By Jan
how do I repeat the same merge fields on one page

Thank you for your quick reply! There are no {NEXT} fields between the three
locations - there are 3 separate parts to the form but the second record
displays in the 2nd part of the page and the...
Forum: Mailmerge February 11th 09, 02:29 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 6
Posted By Jan
how do I repeat the same merge fields on one page

My document has three separate parts to it and each page represents one
person's record. How do I have the same name and address repeat in each area
on the one page?
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 23rd 09, 01:32 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 5
Posted By Jan
How do I delete an entire document in Word

I am using vista with word I can not find windows explorer that eveyone says
I have to be in to delete a word document. Please take me thru it step by step
Forum: Microsoft Word Help January 6th 09, 08:35 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Jan
word keeps freezing and failing to respond

Word 2007 keeps freezing and is very slow torespond again...please advise
anyone!
Forum: Microsoft Word Help December 10th 08, 01:42 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 4
Posted By Jan
resume heading

How do you put the heading on to the second page of the resume? Or other
suggestions
--
jkm
Forum: Microsoft Word Help December 4th 08, 06:31 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I am unable to delete or backspace to remove any of the charc. in my doc. It
just skips over the charc. If i type right now, i'm able to delete what i
just typed. I think I must have clicked a...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 23rd 08, 08:40 AM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 57
Posted By Jan
How can I make a custom bibliography style?

Hey guys,

i need a special type of bibliography style, called "William Giles
Campbell's: Form and Style: Thesis, Reports, Term Papers".
I found that the built in MLA Style fits in the bibliography,...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 16th 08, 04:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Jan
Please help - how to delete text?

I have word 2007, where is table menu?

"DeanH" wrote:

If you have a paragraph mark after word3 and word 6, you could temporarily
create a table, then delet the last column, then revert back to...
Forum: Microsoft Word Help October 16th 08, 03:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Replies: 3
Posted By Jan
Please help - how to delete text?

Hello,

I have a text file containing lines like this pattern shows:

word1:word2:word3
word4:word5:word6

Now, How could I do remove everything after (and including) ":" sign in each
line so I...