Search: Posts made by: ********Meg
Forum: Page Layout August 13th 08, 09:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 4
Posted By ********Meg
headers /footers

thanks, I will try that, but now I have the template set with the two pages
and can't delete the 2nd page.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote in message...
Forum: Page Layout August 13th 08, 06:12 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Replies: 4
Posted By ********Meg
headers /footers

hi,

I'm using word 2003 to create stationary for my office. Many of the
computers use, believe it or not, Word 97.
Okay, now that you stopped laughing.

We successfully created a header and footer...
Forum: Mailmerge November 6th 07, 05:04 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 3
Posted By ********Meg
If then omit

I have a list in excel that contains categories and names. Some of the
categories are repeated. Each name has a category associated with it. Is
there a way to only list the category 1 time, if...
Forum: Mailmerge November 6th 07, 04:13 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 1
Posted By ********Meg
date formatting

I have my datasource in excel and I want to have a date format that only
gives the month and day, no year. It is formatting correctly in excel, but
when I do a mail merge to word, it actually puts...
Forum: Mailmerge November 1st 07, 06:24 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 13
Posted By ********Meg
editing feilds

Well, I think I got it, thanks to all of you guys and some help from a
friend. The difficult thing here is that I don't know where to get the
actual coding...but playing around a bit I learned...
Forum: Mailmerge November 1st 07, 03:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 13
Posted By ********Meg
editing feilds

I understand what you are saying for the most part.
Confusion lies in saying
so what I am trying to say is "

If this field is not blank, then put in the field (in italics) and put "this
text"...
Forum: Mailmerge November 1st 07, 03:26 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 13
Posted By ********Meg
editing feilds

Are those quotes or some other symbol? Am I inserting the field or typing
it in. When I insert it, comes with quotes

--
Meg Darnell, LMT
Director of Alumni Services

thanks, I think I understand what you are saying, but I'm not clear in how
to do the formatting. This is VERY new for me.

here is what I have
{mergefeild Required Reading\b "required reading:'}

I...
Forum: Mailmerge November 1st 07, 01:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 13
Posted By ********Meg
editing feilds

If my assumption of the If...then...Else fields is correct, you may be able
to use multiple fields (not nested) to control and format the text before
the merge field itself, the format of the...
Forum: Mailmerge October 31st 07, 06:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Replies: 13
Posted By ********Meg
editing feilds

I recently learned (very happily, I might add) to edit a mail merge field to
include text before or after that field. Another fabulous feature is that
the text will not appear if there is no data...
Forum: New Users October 11th 07, 08:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 1
Posted By ********Meg
mail merge

I would like to create a directory or a catalog list using Microsoft word
2003 and excel 2003. Excel has the data and I want to format it so that I
just have a list of information in blocks in...
Forum: New Users July 10th 07, 04:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Replies: 5
Posted By ********Meg
tear off tabs

does anyone know how to create a tear off tab flyer without downloading a
pre - made template?

--
Meg Darnell, LMT
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" -