Stefan Blom

Default Word 2000 - Hyperlinks in footer to TOC with out edit of footer

The TOC toolbar button you are referring to is most likely the "Go to
TOC" button available in Word 2002 and later. There is no such button
in Word 2000, so you'll have to use other methods.

A simple method is to press Ctrl+Home on your keyboard; this moves the
cursor to the beginning of the document, which is relatively close to
the TOC (but it isn't exactly what you asked for, obviously).

If you really need to link the TOC, I think it would be easier to
insert a hyperlink below each heading in the document. If you have
many headings, you'd have to insert a lot of links, of course.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"needyourhelp" wrote in message
I desire to insert a hyperlink in the page footer that references

the TOC.

It is easy enough, but Word requires that you double click the

footer
(activate edit mode) to activate the hyperlink.

I saw a similar post from 10/28 with a resolution for word 2002 and

above.

I have 2000, and I didn't really understand the solution.

How do you add a TOC button to the Hyperlink Toolbar? I fished

around some
with this and had no success.

I built a workaround by putting a TOC Heading reference at the top

of the
TOC page so that the TOC references itself (not optimal. but

finctional).

That makes the TOC come up in the list of places that hyperlink will

go, and
indeed the hyperlink goes there nicely.

Now, how do I activate the hyperlink without the double click to

enter
footer edit mode ?

Any help will be appreciated.