Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default AutoNumbers in a Word Table

Please explain how you want the cells to be numbered. Across first, then
down (the default) or down first, then across (which is harder)?

"Zelda" wrote in message
Suzanne:
I got it to number my cells when I only created one column. How do I

number
them using the "SEQ" feature (if I use the two columns)?
--
zelda59

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

That suggests that you haven't given your sequence a name.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Zelda" wrote in message
I have tried that under options but I get the error code "Error! No

sequence
specified."
--
zelda59

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

SEQ field?

Zelda wrote:

I have created a table with 2 columns and 6 rows. I would like to
automatically number each cell in the table. When using AutoNum

feature it
starts with number 1 across both cells in the first row, then

number 2
across
both cells in the second row, etc. Is there a way to uniquely

number
each
cell consecutively?