Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

Default Disable header & footer from page 2

You must have, but it's not obvious what. Does your document have any
section breaks? The layout checkboxes (first page, odd/even) control the
headers and footers for the current section or for the entire document (ie
your document can have one, two, or three distinct headers and footers in
each section).

Create a test document and experiment until you understand what's going on.

"Ray" wrote in message
Jezebel,

Thanks for your advice. While the pointer is in the page 2, I applied
your method and the Header & footer on page 1 disappeared. I need to
retain them in page 1 but not page 2, 3,.... Did I omit something?

Ray

"Jezebel" wrote in message
File Page setup Layout : Different first page.

"Ray" wrote in message
I have header & footer on page 1 but need to disable all of them from
page 2. Can someone advise how to disable them from page 2 onwards.

Thanks,

Ray