Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
rainbow1054

Default Disappearing headers and footers

I am using Word to produce reports, using a file which is emailed to me and
already includes some text, including a footer on every page. I then add my
own text including editing the footer. This all works fine and I can see the
footer displaying correctly in Print Preview.

However on the final page of the report I need to insert a quote, usually in
..rtf or Word doc format. I do this either by using cut and paste or from the
Insert menu, insert file command. When I do this I have discovered the
footer has disappeared from the document. I have tried Cutting and/or
deleting the file, and the footer magically reappears.

How can I stop this happening? I need to be able to insert the quote on the
last page and I don't understand why it is affecting the footer. I am using
Word 2002. with Windows XP. Very grateful for any advice or ideas