Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mach

Default Word 2003 Network Saved Document Opens Slow When Copied Locally

Supplementary info: This behaviour only seems to affect Office product files.
I am able to open .pdf files without the same problem.

Mach

"Mach" wrote:

I have copied files from a network share \\myserver\shared_docs (WinXP SP2
machine) to my local disk. Whenever I try to open a word doc I get a delay of
about 30 seconds before the document will open. If I open a similar size
document that was created locally the word doc opens immediately. If I
copy+paste the contents of the doc I copied from the network into a new local
doc, save it and then open it the open is immediate as well. Any ideas ?

Cheers,

Mach