Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default MailMerge and Save to Folder as Merge Field

I have been developing an Addin to do what you want. It's working fine for
me and another colleague who has been testing it, but I have to admit that
another cannot get it to work. Send me an email if you want to try it, I
will send it to you.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Cornfused" wrote in message
I have a document set up to receive mailmerge info from a database. The
.doc
is called "Action Form" for example. I am merging nightly to email and
producing around 5-10 unique versions of "Action Form." All of them are,
of
course, called "Action Form." It'd be nice to know which they are by the
document name.

I would like to identify each version with a name from one of the merge
fields. My preference is to have Word save each version in a folder as
whatever info appears in the merge field.

I would like to know how, if it is possible, to use automation or VB to
make
Word save each .doc and name it according to a merge field contained
within
the .doc.