Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Mail Merge Document Loses Its Marbles

Hi ?B?REw=?=,

Each time I open a Word 2003 mail merge document, it "forgets" what its
datasource is and I have to relink it. Is there a setting I need to change in
order for the link to be remembered?

What's the data source type?

Is this happening with all documents (even new ones), or just certain ones?

If you start Word in Safe Mode (hold down the CTRL key), then set up a new merge
document, do you see the same behavior with that document?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)