Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sarah Jane

Default Toolbar exists, but unavailable

A month or so ago, I created a customized toolbar in Word 2003 that I named
"Headings". Today, I wanted to turn it back on, but it was not listed under
View - Toolbars nor was it listed on the Toolbars tab under Customize. I
thought I had saved my Headings toolbar in Normal.dot, but since I couldn't
find it in the usual places, I assumed I hadn't saved it. So, I was going to
go recreate it and make sure I saved it this time, but now I get a message
that says "A toolbar named 'Headings' already exists. Type another name."
This leads me to believe I did save it. I just don't know how to access it.
Can anyone tell me what I did wrong and/or how to find and restore it?

I think I have read every question and almost every article dealing with
customized toolbars, but since I don't use Word that often and what little I
do in Word is rather basic, I didn't understand much of what I read. I can
tell you that I have Adobe Reader 7.0, but not Adobe Acrobat 7.
Thanks for your help.