Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
PatJ

Default How to control (chapter-page number) paging?

Hi,

I'm having some issues trying to use "chapter - page number" in separate
documents.
The situation:
I have created chapters 1 and 2 with sub chapters 2.1, 2.2 etc for Document
A. Now I've created Document B as a continuation of Document A but begins
with sub chapter 2.4. The format I'm using for my paging is "Heading1 - Page
Number". Apparently since I'm starting with a Heading2 format (chapter 2.4)
in Document B, is there a way for the paging for "chapter" to begin at 2?

Note that I have other chapters in Document B, so the "Heading1 - Page
Number" now begins with chapter 3 instead of the intended 2.

Kindly advice. Thanks.

Pat