Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hpinky

Default Word won't even open!

Thanks to Suzanne and Joann from hpinky. I had this problem and was able to
resolve it with the postings you made, along with the referencing of the
support web pages. I can go to sleep now with a piece of mind. Once again,
thanks a million and have a wonderful holiday season.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

I would suggest trying the steps that don't apply, then.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"CommMajor" wrote in message
Yes, that's a very helpful article, but unfortunetly I have already been
recomended that site and have worked through all the steps that apply to
the
problem without success. Thanks for tryin'. Any other ideas or articles?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Perhaps work through the steps at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...eningWord.htm?

so
all may benefit.

"CommMajor" wrote in message
Ok, so Word kind of works now. I had to find the installation disk and
reinstall it. It still won't close w/o saying there's an error and it
takes
a long time to open. What could be wrong with it?

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

One step at a time, dear, one step at a time.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"CommMajor" wrote in message
Thank you both so much! Hopefully this will work. Other wise, I
don't
know
what to do! Any ideas?

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Your System Tray is in the lower right corner of your screen (you
probably
see your clock and one or two other icons). If you see a , click
on
it.
Now place your cursor on each of the icons and wait until you get
little
pop-up that tells you what the icon is. When you find Norton
Anti-virus,
click (or double click) on that icon. Then start with Suzanne's
directions
from Step 2.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"CommMajor" wrote in message
What is a systray icon? And choose what option?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

1. Open Norton AntiVirus (right-click on the Systray icon and
choose
this
option).

2. Click on the Options button at the top of the dialog.

3. In the Options dialog, click on Miscellaneous (menu on the
left)

4. Clear the check box for "Enable Office Plug-in."

5. OK out and close NAV.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"CommMajor" wrote in
message
Where is the "Office plug-in" that you are talking about?

Thanks for that article, too!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Your problems - both of them - can be laid at the door of
Norton
AV -
see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831431
When you have nailed the CcApp problem - if you are still
using
Norton
AV
uncheck its office plug-in option.

Never open Word documents directly from e-mail messages.
Save
hard
drive first.

Now you need to sort out the mess - see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
and if it still won't start - see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

CommMajor wrote:
Hello helpful people! About 3 hours ago I tried to open
saved
Word
doc that I had e-mailed to myself from another computer.
It
wouldn't
open and now Word won't open at all! It completely
freezes
my
computer. Any suggestions? I did recently update.
Also, I
usually
get an error message when my computer is trying to shut
down
that
the
program "CcApp" won't close. Does that have something to
do
with
it?
Thanks in advance for your time!