Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Another 2003 Degradation -- ruler reappearance

Do you have Hidden and System files and folders displayed? In that case you
would see it, anyway. I can't testify to this, since I'm running Windows
2000, but many users have stated that that folder is hidden.

"Uriel" wrote in message
Uh, what am I missing here?

I'm running Win XP (Home). The folder identified at Tools:Options:File
Locations as being for "User templates" is NOT hidden.

Perhaps by *default*, just after installing Word, it's a hidden folder. Is
that what you mean?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Normal.dot is in a hidden folder if you're running Windows XP.

so
all may benefit.

"Uriel" wrote in message
That's not it.

Also, normal.dot is not in a hidden folder.

wrote in message
ups.com...
The Ruler viewing could be set in normal.dot which is the template for
new docs. Do a search for normal.dot (it is in a hidden folder so you
must set search criteria to search in hidden folders) and remove the
ruler view.