Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Bennett

Default Customised Settings

Thanks for the pointer.

I am not using Full Screen and have only the Standard and Formatting
toolbars in use. I also am starting Word from the Programmes list rather
than a shortcut. Using the /a switch makes no difference and when I search
form Normal.dot nothing is found!

"Galen" wrote in message
In ,
Terry Bennett had this to say:

I am running Word 2003. Every time I customise the toolbars they
work fine until I re-start my computer, whereupon all of the
customised settings are lost.

Any thoughts?

Does this help?

Your toolbars or menus are missing or your settings are not retained ... :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/242368

--
Galen - MS MVP - Windows (Shell/User & IE)
http://dts-l.org/

"We approached the case, you remember, with an absolutely blank mind,
which is always an advantage. We had formed no theories. We were simply
there to observe and to draw inferences from our observations." -
Sherlock Holmes