Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I show multiple document windows as tabs inside word 2003?

Keep "Windows in Taskbar" checked in Word, and then use the setting in
Windows that aggregates windows from the same program on the same tab. I
don't have Windows XP, so I can't tell you exactly how to do this, but try
right-clicking on the Taskbar and choosing Properties; then explore the
options.

"rkr3" wrote in message
I was earlier able to show multiple opened documents (inside the Word 2003
window) as tabs at the bottom of the Word Window (near the status bar).

After
a reinstall, I cannot find the option for doing this anywhere.

If I clear the "Windows in Taskbar" checkbox (inside options), the

document
windows are only accessible through the 'Windows' menu item (at the top).

If
I leave it checked, each document has its own tab in the Windows Taskbar.

want one tab on the Windows Taskbar (for Word), and then multiple tabs

(for
documents) inside the Word window.

How do I show multiple document windows as tabs inside word 2003?