Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default E-mail merge used addresses NOT in selected Outlook Contacts folde

Start the merge from Outlook -
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

torwick wrote:
I carefully edited email addresses in a separate Outlook Contacts
folder to make sure each contact had ONE and ONLY ONE email address.
I then selected that folder in the Word mail merge process.
Resulting emails went to addresses I had deleted from the selected
Contacts folder, although most existed in my main Contacts in the
email-2 field. YES, I'm sure I selected the correct folder.

Perhaps this occurred because I did the initial select to write the
letter, THEN made changes to the Contacts folder, THEN closed the
Word Document and reopened it (which asked me to select the Contacts
folder I wished to use). It looked like it should have worked, but
maybe it had already selected and held the data?

If this is the case, instructions somewhere should include editing
addresses as a preliminary step for mail merge.