Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Two-sided printing in Word & Excel 2003

Very likely.

"lawantbro" wrote in message
I have a hp 845c printer. Can it have more than 1 printer driver?

"lawantbro" wrote:

before my system was upgraded to the 2003 suite of programs, two-sided
printing did not depend the type of printer I had. Whenever I wanted to

print
a document from any program, I pressed control-p and selected the

properties
option, from there I was able to access an option that asked if i wanted

two
sided printing. Whenever this option was selected, all odd numbered

pages
would be printed starting from the back. I would then get a message and

picture showing me how to reinsert the printed pages in the printer
(depending on whether I had chosen book or tablet format when selecting

the
two-sided option) so that printing could continue on the other side of

the
paper. This message could be minimized until I was ready to continue
printing. IN the upgraded system this option has disappeared from the
properties option when control p is pressed. The nearest thing I can

find to
it is the manual duplex option that is only available when I'm using

Word
2003, and which does not function in the same way that the two-sided

printing
option used to function. Isn't there any feature in the 2003 program

suite
that can imitate the two-sided printing feature from the previous

version?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Duplexing is a printer setting. If your printer is capable of duplex
printing, there will be a setting in the printer Properties.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"lawantbro" wrote in message
My system has been upgraded to microsoft WORD 2003 and EXCEL 2003. I

used
be able to do two-sided printing in the previous versions. The

nearest
thing
i can find to that now is manual duplex printing which is only

available
in
WORD 2003 and I am having difficuties with it. Because of the nature

of
the
message displayed with this feature, i can't work another document

until
all
pages have been printed on one side, and I have turned them over and

put
them
back in the printer.
Has anyone found out:
1. how to do two sided printing when working in EXCEL 2003?
2. how to work on one document while printing another using the

manual
duplex feature?