Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vikram

Default how do I automatically replace underlying test of a hyperlink

I cannot replace the entire URL.
The issue here is that the first half eg "http://server_name/folder1../.."
is common in all URLs.
The second half keeps changing.
I need a way to work only on a part of the URLs.
Suzanne, I finished replacing all the URLs manually yesterday coz of the
deadline.
But, i would like to know the solution in case i get similar assignments in
future
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Replace the *entire* URL with the correct URL.

"Vikram" wrote in message
The problem is that if i replace ".." in the URL code,i am worried it

might
have an effect elsewhere in the document.
I want to make sure that i replace only that string (the part of the full
URL visible in the dialogue box)
Is there a way to do this?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Why not just replace what you see with the correct URL?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Vikram" wrote in message
Hi,
My problem is a bit different now.
When i do alt+F9, the url i see is different from the one i see in

the
edit hyperlink box.
In the code view i see the url starting with ../ and not http://the
string
i want to replace
Something to do with absolute and relative links.
Can you please tell me how to view the full url so that i can update

them?
Thanks in advance,
Vikram

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you find and replace BOTH the display text (with field codes not
displayed) AND the underlying URL (with field codes displayed), then

F9
update?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Vikram" wrote in message
I followed the procedure, but it is not working.
It is displaying the old link

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"stephany" wrote in message
Thank you for the response Suzanne. Is that just a plain F9?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

And note that you may need to F9 to update the fields.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"stephany" wrote in

message
Fantastic! Thanks Jay.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

stephany wrote:
I can replace the text of the hyperlink by using Find

and
Replace,
but how can I get the underlying text of that

hyperlink
changed
without going into each hyperlink? Office 97 did it

fine,
Office
2003 does not.

When you say the "underlying text", do you mean the URL

of
the
destination?
If so:

Press Alt+F9 to display all field codes instead of field
results.
Then
run
the F&R. Finally, Alt+F9 again to restore field results.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman