Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xppuser

Default Adding Paste Special to right-click mouse option/action in word

Dear Suzanne,

Sounds like your pointers seems to be guiding me into the right direction
but I still need some more help. I did (using the MVP link):

2c.)
Tools - Customize - Toolbars Tab - Shortcut Menus - Text - Text, where
these options are displayed: Cut, Copy, Paste, Font, Paragraphs, ...

but I could not see Paste Special amongst them. Additionally, I do not know
what to do at this stage.

Then I did this:

3.)
Tools - Customize - Commands - Categories (All Commands) to look for
Paste Special macro to be added to right-click mouse button action but again
I could not locate it. Similarly, at this juncture, I am at a lost as to what
to do next.

I would be grateful if you can be more explicit in your explanations or
provided me with a more detailed step-by-step guide as to how I can add the
'Paste Special' to my right-click mouse button action in Word. Please accept
my apology for any inconvenience. Again, thank you for your help/advice.

Regards,
jes

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See the section on shortcut menus in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm

"xppuser" wrote in message
Dear all,

Office 2005, Wxp Pro SP2,

I want to add the Paste Special option onto my right-click mouse action

i.e.
after I copy or cut, when I right-click the mouse to paste I want the

Paste
Special options to be available rather than having to go to the menu bar

for
Edit - Paste Special to get the options. How may this addition be

achieved
if at all possible? Thank you for your help/advice.

Regards,
jes

PS: Apology if this is not the right section - not quite sure which

section
would be the most appropriate for my question.