Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
jwset

Default importing data from excel into word documnet

Ok here we go. I have an excel data base that I made up and now I am trying
to inport data to a word document from it. I have in the excel database 5
columns of data and what I am trying to do is when i type in a number I want
word to search for that number in excel then when it finds it I want it to
return the data from the other cells next to the number it found and paste
that information into the word document. I am using tables in the word
document so need the information placed into the cells in the table. how do
i go about doing this or is it even possible?

here is a basic I dea what i got

excel table
number Subjcet Date total revised how much
etc....
4555 To do or not to do that is the question 11/02/2004
$24.00 12/05/2005 etc...
and so on with info.

in word I have a table layout so I input the same number but want it ot
retun just the subject and date into the word table not the rest of the
information in that line

I Hope you can help me I am lost.

Thank you for your time.