Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Word 2003 table shading removes shading on its own

Hi ?B?a3JvaGxmaW5n?=,

When using word 2003 tables, i will shade specific cells and contiue working
and formatting. I have noticed and seen first hand that word will
inadvertantly and randomly remove shading from specific cells. This happens
more often after I have just saved the file. This is driving me insane, as I
have quite large tables and have spent a long time trying to get my shading
right only to find it removed later. I thought this issue might be my
computer, but i have witnessed it on a co-workers computer as well.

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this happen "randomly" in the fifteen
or so years I've been working with Word...

Is this happening with all documents, or only ones of a certain type? (Created
from specific templates, perhaps.) My first guess would be that there's a macro
associated with the documents; my second one would be that this is a result of
style assignments updating (overriding your formatting).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)