Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Access word mail merge error

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item and try
connecting the database by the different options that you are then presented
with.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Fraggle257" wrote in message
oups.com...
It may still have a macro for inserting pictures, no other macros. I
think I have narrowed the problem down to being something about the
database that I merge from, as I have created totally fresh word
documents from the database and they still crash. When I say I open
the document, I have done both opening the template as a .dot to try
and edit the template and creating a new document from the template by
selecting New from the file menu.

Thanks!

Emma