Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joyce

Default LISTNUM formatting problem

I'm sorry. I didn't notice that you switched the field type to SEQ.
Interestingly enough, when I employ SEQ as you stated in your first example,
{ SEQ "SEQUENCE 1" \# "URS'-'000" } it displays URS-001. When inserted a
second time however, the result remains URS-001 instead of advancing to
URS-002.

I entered your most recent suggestion { =10 \# "000" }. When I use it with
LISTNUM, I get (1), which advances. When I use it with SEQ, I get errors.

Also, sometimes Word automatically inserts \* MERGEFORMAT, which doesn't
seem to do anything good.

Any thoughts? Am I misinterpreting what you're saying? Does the field
definition have anything to do with the style employed at the time?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

It works correctly here. I can see no reason why it shouldn't work. What
does { =10 \# "000" } produce for you?

Joyce wrote:
Thanks, however it produces the same result when it gets to multiple
digit numbers (i.e., URS-0010, etc.).

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Frankly I can't get Listnum to produce anything like what you have -
however { SEQ "SEQUENCE 1" \# "URS'-'000" }
should work.

Joyce wrote:
I need to create a field that will number a list using the format:
URS-001, URS-002, etc. I used the formula: {LISTNUM "sequence 1" \#
000}. It works until I get to 10, which comes out as URS-0010, but
needs to be URS-010. How do I achieve this?