Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

Default Can I create a powerpoint with Works Suite 2006?

Microsoft provides free viewers for Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
so that people who don't have these applications can still view
and print files created with these applications. But you cannot
create a Powerpoint file using the free Powerpoint viewer. You
can purchase Powerpoint 2003 by itself, or you can purchase
Powerpoint 2003 as part of Microsoft Office 2003. See
http://www.microsoft.com/office/Powe...y/default.mspx
for more information.

mlh wrote:

Well, phooey. I purchased the microsoft works suite 2006 and it has a ppt
viewer... anyway... can I just buy Microsoft Powerpoint without getting the
whole Office deal? Thanks so much.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Sorry, no version of Microsoft Works Suite includes any version
of Powerpoint. Powerpoint is available as a standalone
application and as part of the Microsoft Office suite.