Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default word template when opened ask box comes up to enter name?

While Doug's suggestion produces a more elegant result, it seems you are
asking about FILLIN or ASK/REF fields.
You could also use Macrobutton fields http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

FattyA wrote:
I wuld like to create a simple word document - a letter that is a
template. When opened this template caomes au with a box that asks
what I have programmed to ask in a particular part of the document.
ie. after Dear a box comes up as says "Insert Client name", I then
insert it and click next or move on and the next box comes up which
could say "Insert address" and so on. When I have entered all the
infroamtion that these boxes ask my document is complete and ready to
print. I have doen it before but I can not recall how to do it now.