Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Slow Learner

Default Help! page numbering

Thanks Charles, that was a whoops on my part, I was doing AltF9.
This must be something else as on the bottom the bar is showing Page 0 Sec 6
26/90 in Section 6 and all affected sections show this Page 0. Pages that
are taking the number sequence and those without page numbers show: Page 1
Sec whatever etc.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Try Alt F9 rather than Shift F9.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Slow Learner" wrote in message
Word 2002, document with multi sections with variations in footer
including
page numbering that goes throughout.
Numbering has gone out of whack and will not recognize previous section
when
continue from previous section is checked in format numbering. Footer is
set
as NOT same as previous because the only thing the same as previous is
page
number.
Also is there a way to start, or control the start of number of pages.
Example:
Current shows Page 1 of 80 but document really is only 75 pages as the
first
5 pages are numbered differently (roman numerals) or not consider part of
total document.
Can someone please give me the field codes needed and instructions on how
place them in my footer to achieve my requested result.
Currently when I do the shift F9 I only see {}.
Help on this would be greatly appreciated as I am as usual time deadlined
fix this problem.
Thank you to all for the assistance.