If you want the date the form was filled out, don't use a form field at all.
Use a CreateDate field in the template. Then each new document based on the
template will have the date it was created, which will not update.

"webnut" wrote in message
You can't edit Current Date field ("fill in enabled" is greyed out) -

thats
the problem - and I don't want the field to update to current date after

its
been changed.

Highlight the form field you want to set for date; go to your form field
options icon on the forms toolbar; select type on the drop down list to
be
Current Date. That way it will update.

"webnut" wrote:

I have a form field textbox on a document and have set the TYPE to

DATE.
I'd like to set the default to the current system date but am not sure
what
to enter in the box. If I enter "DATE()" or "getdate()" I get an error.
If
I enter "10/15/2004" I fear that's what will always appear there even
tomorrow. What needs to go here to default properly?

or

Have the TYPE to CURRENT DATE and be able to edit it to a different

date
and
not have the field ever update it to the current date.

TIA

Glenna