Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Can't Use Templates--Word 2002

I take it that a FileNewDialog button didn't help?

"Joe McGuire" wrote in message
I cannot access my templates in Word 2002 (through Microsoft Terminal
Server) the "usual" way. When I click on File, New, I see "New from
template" under "New Document" on the right side of the screen. But when

click on "General Templates" absolutely nothing happens. No folder opens.
No error message. Nothing. (Although What's This tells me to click here

use my templates) I checked File Locations to verify the location of the
templates and then I browsed to that location to confirm that, yes, my
templates are really there. The other buttons there (Templates on
Microsoft.com and Templates on my Web Sites) seem to work, although the
latter produces an error message (lack of memory, which is odd considering
that I don't have any websites, but that is not the point). The folder
location is set as c:\Documents & Settings\myname\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates, where "myname" represents, well, my name on the
system. I had recently changed the location of the template folder to

this
spot; it had previously been located on the network server which produced

minor technical glitch that I fixed by relocating the folder. (I can
provide those details if they are pertinent)