Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LMZ

Default See a picture through overlaying transparent text

If you create a text box and write what you want and place it over the
picture. Then double click the text box. From there you can choose to have
'no fill' and 'no line' color and you should then be able to see the text
over the picture.

"biggitybig" wrote:

I have an old brochure with a picture on it. The text overlaying the picture
is transparent so that you can see parts of the picture within each outline
of each letter. I can insert the picture in Word, but I am not sure how to
set properties, etc to create transparent text to overlay the picture. I
have tried word art and regular text.