Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Liungman

Default How can I validate a Word document to find out if it is corrupt?

Hi!

I am working with an application called Doc2Help that takes a word file as
input. I am having some problems, and Doc2Help support staff says my Word
file is "corrupt". I have no problems opening the file in Word 2003,
converting it to PDF, etc, so I don´t quite buy their explanation.

Is there some clever little application that will validate my document to
see if it is corrupt or not, or, even better, fix whatever is wrong? By the
way, what on earth does "corrupt" mean?

I have tried some recovery epplications, but they all tend to just take your
document and find all the text and pictures. All formatting, page layout, etc
is then lost, which sort of defeats the purpose. With that approach, I might
as well copy all the content to a text file, then create a new word document
with that content. That´s a lot of work, though.

Thanks,

John
Sweden