Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Default Page numbering, Headers

You MUST turn off Same as previous (in Word 2003, it's called Link to
previous) in Section 2. Then, you may need to delete the page number fields
from the first section.

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"Jet" wrote in message
Thanks, but word numbers the first section 1-4 and will not leave it
blank.

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Put a section break (Insert Break) after page 4. Then do all you want
with
the headers, footers, and page numbers in Section 2 (switching off same
as
previous on all of them) but leave them blank (or different if need be)
in
Section 1.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Jet" wrote in message
I am looking for a way to have the first 5 or so pages of a 380 page

document
be blank. I want the page numbering to start on page 5. Also in the
same
document, I want the headers to be one way on even numbered pages and
different on odd but to start on page 5 as well.