Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Default Find and Replace

Although... that won't match anything starting with a capital L, since all
wildcard searches are case specific. The following variation should work
with capitals as well, and won't match "long-living":

[lL][a-z,A-Z]@[gG]

If he wants hyphenated stuff to match, he could use:

[lL][! ]@[gG]

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
Mark,

Use: l[! ]@g

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

MarkN wrote:
Hello,

I was under the impression that if I do a wildard search using l*g
it will find words such as 'long' and 'lag' but not 'late arriving'.
When I use the above find criteria I pick up all three of these
examples.

Does anyone know how I can fix this so that I only find individual
words?