Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Default Locked Word document

Not really. It is possible to copy/paste from PDF too. If you
have Office 2003, you can read about using Information Rights
Management to deter the casual copier. Someone who is determined
to reuse your material can print your file, use optical character
recognition software (included with most scanners) to scan the
printed copy back into editable text, and modify it at will.

mike55999 wrote:

Just wondering if there is a way to restricted all access to a word document
except for viewing and printing. I know of the read only and password
protecting features but what i want is to take away the user's right to
copy/paste text from my document and to not be able to rename my document to
obtain access. Is there a way to do this? I know I can most likely transfer
this doc into a .pdf to accomplish some of these issues. Please let me know.