Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Word 2003 to HTML - conversion, for a resume

If you are doing this to send to someone as an html format e-mail then
don't. Send it as plain text or as a PDF (or if requested) Word document
attachment. You will then at least stand half a chance that the potential
employer will see it. Many companies and individuals set their mail readers
to plain text to avoid the problems of html.

Word documents and html have elements that are not directly compatible. The
only way to produce one from the other is laboriously.

L Mehl wrote:
Hello --

If I want only a conversion from Word to HTML, without the option to
re-convert to Word, what do people suggest as the method which will
create HTML which maintains the formatting of the original Word doc?

I tried opening the doc in OpenOffice 2 and saving that in HTML, but
a table and some bullet items do not convert correctly.

Is there a source of tips for preparing Word to maximize the chance
of an accurate conversion?

Would saving the doc as PDF and then converting PDF to HTML work?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Larry Mehl