Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Default Lost Fonts

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 09:25:27 -0800, Skip
wrote:

I recently upgraded to Office Pro 2003. When I tried to load an older Word
document, the font "Diploma" was no longer available. I tried to fix this as
per an older post by Sonia but the font doesn't seem to be in the database.
This is for some awards certificates and Diploma is the only font that works.
FWIW, I do have my Office 97 cds but am nervous about extracting just a font.

Thanks for looking! Skip

It wouldn't do you any good to look at the old Office disks, because
the Diploma font was never shipped with any Microsoft product,
according to the list at
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx.

Google will show you lots of shareware download sites that offer the
font MC Diploma from Microgetics Corp. for $10. The only one I saw
that offered a preview was
http://www.sharewareriver.com/product.php?id=8738. If that's the font
you want, go for it.

--