Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Default How do I change length of filenames in Word

Hi John,

The combined length for a path and filename for the files created from MS Office apps are listed here.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326039/en-us?FR=1 (There are a couple of instances where they might be reduced a bit more, but it
would be in browser based scenarios).

=======
"John G" John wrote in message ...
I already have some files with quite lengthy filenames. These were-mailed to
me. However, when I wish to generate a lengthy filename I am restricted by
some inbuilt factor. How do I alter permitted length for filenames?

Any assistance gratefully received.

John
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Pricing and Packages for '2007 Microsoft Office System'
http://microsoft.com/office/preview