Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man

Default How do I create a template using my scanner?

The scanned image of your form is not a Word template and won't function as
one. You will need to re-create the form in Word, with appropriate form
fields (text fields, check boxes, drop-down menus, etc.) where data will be
entered. Then you need to protect it as a form and save it as a Word template.

"Jacqueline" wrote:

I need to create a template from a document we frequently use in the office
and would like to show my boss how he can easily open the file enter client
info required for each form, save it, print it and be done. Instead of how he
has been doing it. Which is go online, print it, insert it in an old
typewriter, type in all the info, makes a copy for his files & gives the one
he just typed up to the customer.
It normally takes him about 30-45 minutes each time. I know how to scan &
save the document but I haven't been able to add any text to the document and
when I
try to open it with Word it comes back in all kinds of crazy characters even
after I perform the OCR check Please Help!!!!! Jacqueline