Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default When I format text everything above is changed as well. Why?

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm

"Ryan" wrote in message
So im typing up something and i get lets say 14 lines down. and i want to
center that line, so i highlight that line of text and click the center
button, well EVERYTHNG above that line loosed all formatting and changes

center and the normal font style and size. Its the same if i were to bold
everything, ALL the text would go bold.
Please tell me if this is a error or if this is a [stupid] feature i can
turn off!