Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cacciarito

Default How do I take a word document and put it into html code?

I have done most all of the things you have mentioned. The reason I need to
view the code is for a specific registration program call b-there.com that
utilizes it's own html editor in correspondence sent to attendees. My issue
now is that the logo image won't show up correctly in the document I have
created. I have used the code for this logo image on prior correspondence
and I can't figure out why it won't work with this.

Here is the code:

PSTRONGTABLE style="WIDTH: 296px; HEIGHT: 171px" width=296
border=0TRTDPIMG style="WIDTH: 229px; HEIGHT: 90px" height=6 hspace=0
src="https://www.b-there.com/breg/satw06/dallaslogo.jpg" width=224
PBR/P/TD/TR/TABLE/STRONG/P

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Cindy,

You can see the 'source code' of Word (web) documents by several methods without leaving MS Word.

1. You can use File=Web Page Preview
that should show the document in your web browser. If that's Internet Explorer you can then right click on the browser page and
choose 'view source'.

2. If you've saved a Word document as a Word Web document (File=Save as=Web Page) you may see a 'View Source' choice after that on
the 'Edit' menu (relies somewhat on #4, below though for the View Source)

3. You can open a Word Web document, or any .htm file, in Word and see the underlying source code by turning on [x] Confirm
Conversions at Open in Tools=Options=General,
then use File=Open and select a .htm or .html or .dochtml file and when you get a 'confirm file type' dialog, choose 'plain text'
rather than HTML to see the source code view. (Be careful editing here though as doing so then saving will likely modify the
original file).

4. If you've installed the optional Word/Office feature (Windows Control Panel=Add/Remove Programs, choose Microsoft Office then
change the installed features) for MS Script Editor you can use Alt+Shift+F11 while you have Word document opened on screen to see
the Word document source code (even while it's in .DOC format).

I'm still unclear though on what your goal is as far as accessing the HTML source code rather than saving as (for general use) using
File=Save as WebPage-FILTERED, or sending as HTML if you're using Word as the Outlook Mail editor.

==============
"Cacciarito" wrote in message ...
This doesn't show me the code though. Here is an example of what I am trying
to achieve. I took a regular word document and followed steps (which I can't
remember) something to do with notepad though and managed to get to this code.

PSTRONGTABLE style="WIDTH: 246px; HEIGHT: 136px" width=246 align=center
border=0TBODYTRTDPIMG style="WIDTH: 193px; HEIGHT: 69px" height=6
hspace=0 src="https://www.b-there.com/breg/satw06/dallaslogo.jpg"
width=224BR/P/TD/TR/TBODY/TABLE/STRONG/PP
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Pricing and Packages for '2007 Microsoft Office System'
http://microsoft.com/office/preview