Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cynthia

Default percentages change when mail merge from excel

Thank you!! this time it worked, maybe I just needed to look at something
else for awhile.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Copying it definitely will not work. You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each
pair of field delimiters { }

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Cynthia" wrote in message
I've tried this and I get a syntax error, I've even just tried copying the
whole statement and just changing the fieldname and it doesn't work.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

In the mail merge main document, press Alt+f9 to display the field codes.
Then modify it to the following

{ = { MERGEFIELD [fieldname] } * 100 \# "0%" }

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Cynthia" wrote in message
after mail merge, I can't get the percentage to format correctly. I
have
checked confirm conversion at home, tried MS excel worksheets via DDE,
and
changed to text, edited the fields. Nothing seems to be working. The
closest I've gotten was that it showed the percent but had the decimal
point
at the beginning on of the number, i.e. ".44%" instead of "44%".