Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Elaine

Default Please help, still having setup problems-Word 2003

First, JoAnn, thank you sooo much for the tip about the email. I needed it
spelled out, but now I get it!

Graham, I don't have Norton. I had too many problems over the years because
of it. I use AVG, if I'm remembering the name correctly; my daughter
recommended it. I had problems galore with Norton and McAffy on all of my
computers over the years.

I am still fit to be tied with Word 2003 (on Win XP). Everytime I start
word, if I watch carefully, I see a ghost of a setup dialog box appear &
disappear so fast you can't be sure you saw it.

The problem first developed on day when I tried to use Shift+F7 to access
the thesaurus. I got a Setup Error and realized the program was froze. If I
try to click in word, if hear ding, ding with every click.

Furthermore, I lost all of my fonts. When I try to choose/change a font, my
choices are the alphabet: A, B, C, and so forth down a vertical list where
the font names should appear.

I went into add/delete programs & clicked to fix it, but with no luck at
all. So I removed Office 2003 and reinstalled it off of my original/new
disk. I have Office Professional Edition 2003. It still won't work!

I have never, ever uninstalled a program or suite, and had the same problem
after reinstalling. I don't know what to do. I teach and I teach computers.
I use Office a lot. I make up my own handouts, presentations, templates,
etc. for students and staff. This is not good, especially after I paid to
have the best I could--I thought.

I am completely frustrated and at a total loss and would be very, very
appreciative of any help.