Doug Robbins - Word MVP

That should not be the case. Once a merge is executed to a new document,
that new document no longer has any connection with the merge process.

I am not sure what you mean by "unless i un m." in your subject line.

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"philip carr" philip wrote in message
news
I often merge a number of letters at once and sometims need to edit just
one
of the letters I used to be able to do this with word 2000 but in word
2002
the letter/s once merged seem to be locked